Wednesday 4 September 2013

Purple ELF Look


Products used in order;

Mineral Mist
Mineral Face Primer
Tone Correct Concealer - Light Beige
High Definition Powder
Blush - D28
Brightening Eyeliner - Plum
Single Eyeshadow - Amethyst
Lash Extend Mascara
Matte Lip Colour - Praline
Make-up Mist and Set


I started with a fine spray of mineral mist all over my face, this has so many ingredients that are great for your skin such as witch hazel, chamomile and vitamin b to name a few. This mist dries so quickly and is well absorbed so no residue. I then took 2 pumps of primer and applied this all over my face. I've never been a religious primer user so have nothing to compare this to but it is a nice clear, silky gel that is lightweight and doesn't slip and slide everywhere. My foundation went on well on it too, I don't own any ELF foundations as of yet so I used my regular Almay clear complexion foundation in 120 Ivory. The tone correct concealer I must admit isn't my favourite but that may be because it is a little dark for me but I do love the citrus smell it has, if only all concealer smelt that good!


I love this plum eyeliner shade and really need to get some more of these, though I do have a black one. I find it really creamy without sliding everywhere and the longevity is great. The colour is also highly pigmented so I hope the other shades are too. I picked a single eye shadow in amethyst just to apply to the bottom lash line as I prefer to use a shadow rather than a liner. There was a bit of fallout from this but not a vast amount, the pigment is great in this and I must get some more but then again I've always found ELF eyeshadows great pigment wise. 


Now I mentioned this mascara in my top 5 post and I do love it. Having a curved brush means you can get right to the base of the lashes ensuring a even coat. I've also never had a clumping problem with this mascara as it separates well. I really need to order a spare one for when this runs out.


This blush I'm not entirely sure on the shade as the only label on it is #D28. I love this shade and it's going to be a great autumn colour. Its quite pigmented so a little goes a long way but it is also buildable for a strong look if that's what you like. Its soft and not at all chalky unlike other blushes I've used before.


The HD Powder reminds me a little of baby powder it is extremely light and silky and if like me you take the tray out it makes a right royal mess. I suffer from quite oily skin so this probably isn't the best powder for me but that said I do like it and find it evens out my skin in photos. The lip colour is definitely not my favourite I think it is too dark for me. I much prefer a coral or light pink but that said I'm impressed with the product itself. I didn't find it too drying and it did last a fair while, much longer than expected. Maybe in a different colour I would be more impressed as the concept is great but I picked a bad colour for me. I topped this all of with the mist and set spray which I am indifferent about. I've not used one before so I'm not too sure what its supposed to do or whether it achieved it. Maybe with longer use I may crack this.

So that is all for my ELF look in purple. I don't own a huge amount of items from them but what I do have I'm impressed with so look out for future reviews from a certain other item I have. 


Amiiee Liz.x

*These were all bought using my own money, generic percentage off discount was applied*

No comments:

Post a Comment